Who is your claim against by Mission Viejo car accident personal injury attorney

You’ve been in a Mission Viejo car accident, or in a car accident in the neighboring towns of Laguna Niguel or San Juan Capistrano, and you’ve been injured.  Who do you bring a claim against?

My name is John Burns and I’m a car accident and personal injury attorney.  My office is located where Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel and San Juan Capistrano all come together.

Here is the answer to your question.

You are claiming against the other driver.

If you are in a car accident in Mission Viejo, Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano or some other Orange County location, you need to claim against the other driver.  In actuality, you are  claiming against his or her insurance company but the claim is started against the other driver. The other driver’s insurance company is then required by their insurance contract with their driver to take care of the case for that other driver. You will thus be negotiating against an insurance company.

You will need to deal with the insurance company adjuster.

For car accident cases the insurance company has employees called insurance adjusters. The insurance adjuster is the representative of the insurance company handling that case for that other driver. The adjuster may be handling not only car accidents in Mission Viejo but car accidents in Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano and other Orange County locations. 

In car accident cases many people think they are claiming against the other person’s insurance company. The claim is actually against the other driver but his or her insurance will be dealing with you. You may never get to see or hear that other driver again. You may be dealing only with his or her insurance company.

If the insurance adjuster will not pay.

If the insurance company will not pay it is necessary to file a lawsuit. Then the other driver’s insurance company will hire an attorney called a defense attorney, who will then represent that other driver.  The reality of the situation is that you are claiming against the other driver or the person who caused your injuries, but their insurance company will be using representatives, such as insurance adjusters or insurance defense attorneys, to handle the case on their insured’s behalf.


I handle cases like this all the time.  I work with these insurance companies, I work with the adjusters that work for them and I work with the defense attorneys when we have to file a lawsuit.

It’s a normal part of our business.  We run the claim well, competently, carefully and always work to get the best result for you in the settlement of your case against the person that we claim against for you.

Please call me now to discuss your car accident..  My phone number is (949) 496-7000, and my email is john@johnburnslaw.com.  I look forward to hearing from you and talking to you personally.

Thanks for reading this article and watching the video. Have a great day.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *