When you get into an accident, the one thing you might grab before leaving your vehicle is your phone. These days, it’s all you need to capture all the information you need to get from an accident scene and more. Your Orange County car accident attorney can tell you more, but these are the basic pieces of information you can get quickly and accurately with your phone:
- Driver’s license–Photograph the front and back
- License plates
- Registration–Photograph front and back.
- Proof of insurance–Photograph front and back.
- Accident photos–Get information for your insurance company that wouldn’t be available otherwise.
- Witness business cards–Track down witnesses that can be helpful to your case.
- The other driver—Taking a photo of them at the accident scene proves they were driving, and not a friend or family member.
By capturing this information digitally, you can get much more information than writing it down. It’s also safer, since you aren’t standing on the side of a busy road any longer than you have to. You can also text or email it instantly to your insurance agent, and it can’t ever get lost. It’s also helpful to have additional information if the other party decides to quit cooperating. Then, you’re not dependent on them for important information because you already have it.
Some other smart tips:
- Download a flashlight app in case you have an accident at night.
- Make sure your insurance agent’s number is stored in your phone.
- If your insurance company has an accident app, download it in advance to help your claim go faster.
Get more accident information in our eBook, 9 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your California Accident Case. You can download the book for free and read more about accident issues in the book.
At the Law Offices of John P. Burns, we handle your car accident claim so you can focus on recovering emotionally and physically without dealing with the details. It’s free to ask questions, so contact us directly at 949-496-7000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be sure to get back to you within 24 hours.