Every year, thousands of people in California suffer injuries from harmful products. es orThey sometimes even die as a result of the negligence of manufacturers. neg Injuries caused by harmful products can be due to a design, manufacturing,defect or marketing defect.
Many children’s products have been found defective, injuring infants, toddlers, and even adults. In fact, toys, car seats, playgrounds, cribs, and other furniture pieces have been known to injure innocent children quite often.
In many cases, manufacturers of children’s products stop making defective items or modify the design only after it is too late. They often fail to recall the product until children have already been seriously injured or killed. In addition, manufacturers tend to not adequately warn parents and the public of the dangers of a recalled product.
If you have bought a defective children’s toy, you should consider certain things following your child’s injury:
- Keep the packaging: If the toy came in a box, keep the box or wrapping. Also, the serial and model numbers are good to keep, as well as anything else that came with the toy, including the advertisement.
- Keep the harmful product: Sometimes, when someone is injured by a specific product, there is a tendency to throw the item away. Do not throw the product away. Keep it, or whatever is left of the product, as evidence.
- Stay quiet: If your child was injured by a harmful product, do not talk about the situation with anyone. The manufacturer may try to contact you or conduct an investigation. Do not talk about it under any circumstance.
- Gather the contact information of witnesses: If other people saw the injury take place, ask for their names and phone numbers in case you need to contact them in the future.
- Talk with an attorney: If your child has been injured, it is in your best interest to talk with an experienced product liability lawyer to see if you have a legal case.
If your child was injured by a defective product, then you are entitled to certain rights. Contact aSouthern California product liability attorney to find out your options. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, rehabilitation, and instances of pain and suffering. To find out your next steps, contact attorney John P. Burns at (877) 320-1338 today.